If you are interested on PR and are a current student, then this is the website and organization for you. PRSSA stands for Public Relations Student Society of America and it is a great source for learning about Public Relations if you’re just starting out. Reasons follow:
- Great source as an exploring beginner in the Comm department. You can search this site and see if PR is something you would like.
- Awesome starting point if you are interested. If you are, you should be in PRSSA so that you get hired after college. This is a very important organization to have on your college resume.
- This site outlines all the benefits of joining PRSSA and what you can do with it. If you feel you aren’t getting enough out of your $50 membership, this site can show you what else you can do with being a part of PRSSA.
- This site has leads on internships and other events you can attend to network and potentially find an internship or job.
- This site also has scholarship opportunities listed that you can apply for and work for in PRSSA. This can be a great goal setting opportunity and something to work to.