- Description: This is a web page I made in Notepad++. I made it using HTML and CSS files. The CSS links to the HTML.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I had previously created a draft HTML for an activity project. It was similar to this and I made it from scratch. I then created a CSS file and linked it to the HTML one. I cropped my logo in Photoshop and saved it as a PNG on the web page. I then wrote a description of how I designed my logo and the thought that went into it.
- Message: I want the page to look sleek and professional. I could only do so much with basic coding knowledge but I think it does a good job at sending the right message. Black is always clean and the crisp light bulb logo adds to it
- Audience: My audience is anyone looking for a graphic designer. It’s more to showcase how far I’ve come in my learning in such a short period of time. Any employers
- Top Thing Learned: The top thing I learned was how to link the images and the pages. i had it right once or twice, but changes in the code made me really familiar in what to do! I learned that I had to change the file names on the Notepad and in the file folder so that they would stay linked.
- Color scheme and color hex(s): I used a monochromatic scheme of purple. There are only two shades of purple and there is black, white, and grey. Colors used: Black #000000 White: #FFFFFF Grey: #414141 Purple: #90258d and #cc36c5
- Title Font Families & Category: Times New Roman, Serif
- Copy Font Families & Category: Verdana, Sans Serif
- Changes made to the CSS: I changed the colors of all the elements. I added in more detailed commentary. I changed the BYUI Comm blog to my own blog. I switched out the old logo for my own. I added a comments (3) in the code
- Word Count: 247
Monday, got nothing going on! I scheduled an appointment to talk with my bishop tomorrow about starting my mission papers so that’s cool. Really, not much happened today. I went to class and in Visual Media we talked about CSS in website programming. That’s was something new I learned and I think its cool I can add that to my little list of skills. Its very rudimentary knowledge but more than most people know. My apartment complex was supposed to have an “appreciation” night at Fat Cats, so Mitchell and I went to go check it out about half an hour after it started. We mainly went for the free pizza BUT THERE WAS NONE. So that was a bust! Everyone was at the apartment watching the dumb Bachelor. It was a party for the three hour finale, so Mitch and I mooched off their treats and pizza. Who cares about the Bachelor, I got cookies!
It was soo hard to get out of bed today! I don’t know what it is but I am conscious but not functioning and cannot wake up and roll out. That was my struggle today. It went a lot like yesterday. Got some homework done and folded my laundry. Had breakfast and took a shower then got ready for the day. It snowed about 3-4 inches last night unexpectedly so that really changed my outfit options. When I finally figured out my outfit, I made a sandwich and headed down for lunch with Mitch. We had lunch and goofed around, and then I went to Book of Mormon class. While listening absently to my weird teacher, I worked on my crochet project. I am making a circular rug. It goes black, pink, grey/white combo, green and later I’ll finish it with grey again. Working on the green right now. I mad progress in class but didn’t want the teacher to call on me while I was working on it. I put the crochet down for a little bit but then I started falling asleep so I picked it back up again. After class was devo with Mitch and half listened to Bro. Winkel. Worked on the crochet a little there too. I had another appointment at the Academic Discovery Center again today so I went to that after devo. This time I only needed to add a few electives and she approved it on the spot! Hallelujah! But I didn’t have my card to sign off for Comm 100 so I’ll do that tomorrow. I trekked on home and suddenly got caught up in a Mary Kay facial party with my roomies. The girl who came over for it was so cute and so sincere. She didn’t shove it down our throats too much and she was just nice and bubbly/ I may buy a few things form her but not this week… I made a little dinner snack thing for Mitchell, he stopped by for a quick food break before he had to go finish some other things. Didn’t see him for too long but that’s okay 🙂 I talked to my mom on the phone as I started my HTML activity for Visual Media. i thought I was done with coding but here I am learning yet another language of coding! It wasn’t too bad and went quick so that was good. Now here I am, sitting on my bed, listening to Classic Rock Love Songs on Pandora, blogging about my day for those who care to know! Anyway, I am blessed to have it easy this semester and I am blessed to have wonderful family, friends, and an awesome boyfriend 🙂