- Description: This is an informational pamphlet showcasing the beauty of the country Costa Rica
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. I used InDesign to start my project. I set the markers for the fold and labelled each side. I then found pictures at high quality and placed those in. I organized my text and pictures with InDesign. I made the flower logo in Illustrator and placed that in the document. I used Photoshop to crop out the background of my clipped image, the pink tropical flower. I put it all together and edited. Printed on 12×18 and trimmed at AlphaGraphics Rexburg. I used a pen and a straight edge to make the fold clean.
- Message: Costa Rica is beautifully tropical and an adventurous travel destination
- Audience: Anyone looking for a place to travel, Anyone looking for adventure, People in their middle adulthood 30-55 years old
- Top Thing Learned: How to organize offset layout and how
- Color scheme and color names: Triadic color scheme using Lime, Indigo, and Brick
- Title Font Name & Category: High Tower Text- Oldstyle
- Copy Font Name & Category: Raavi- Sans Serif
- Word Count of copy: 277
- Thumbnails of Images used:
- Sources (Links to images on original websites)
Three different logo’s for a local company at home in California.
Process: Programs/Tools Used: Adobe Illustrator
Message: Kathy’s Little Cakery is a modern, fun, and competent bakery for your wedding and special occasions.
Audience: Engaged couples, mainly young adult women. Women looking for reception cakes and treats.
Top Thing Learned: Grouping objects together, changing vector anchor points, playing with colors and their tones/tints.
Color scheme: top logo: Triadic- blue, yellow, red; middle logo: Monochromatic- Violet; bottom logo: Monochromatic- Teal
Top Logo – Font #1 Name & Category: MarketOT, Script
Top Logo – Font #2 Name & Category: Expo Sans Pro, Sans Serif
Middle Logo – Font #1 Name & Category: Museo Sans Rounded, Sans Serif
Middle Logo – Font #2 Name & Category: Madre Script, Script
Bottom Logo – Font #1 Name & Category: Azo Sans, Sans Serif
Bottom Logo – Font #2 Name & Category: Monotype Corsiva, Script
How the logo represents the company: The logo on top was my first try and it turned out good but the last two were a lot better. They represented Kathy’s wedding bakery better. They are more professional and modern, a little bit fun with the colors but send a better message about the company. The first one is a little childish. Overall, the bottom two represent Kathy’s bakery well.
Votes on favorite logo:
Top Logo =3 ; Middle Logo =7 ; Bottom Logo =9;
I really liked elements from all my logos! I like the middle and last one the most. Both were simple and cut. I think the last two were more professional and represented the company better than the first.