Learned a lot about using Google Adwords and creating advertisements to show on Google. Its such a. Simple thing to create but it is challenging to fit your whole company or product into 3 or 4 lines and make an impact on potential buyers! Every word has to be precise and clean and the phrases have to flow. Your condensed message really has to grab attention but also reflect what you are selling well enough for people to stay interested. Starting out, I found it the most easy to grab attention with a sale headline of 15% off. I couldn’t think of much else and I feel like people wouldn’t be interested in my new site unless I had something to offer and differentiate from already established sites and companies. As I publish more ads I will see what works and what doesn’t. It was cool to experiment with this important part of running an online business.
Monday is back and at it again. I went to the gym first thing in the morning. It was a good workout, did some running and some arm workouts. Nothing too complicated but just enough to get me going for the day. After that I got ready for the day. I wanted to dress nice but it was just too darn windy. Its been nice the past few days but the ugly weather is coming back. I put on my best windy day clothing and got my resume papers together and went on my way to Rexburg Motorsports to turn in an application to possibly clean and mop for the next few months. I drove over there and parked. I was scared to go in there! I want to work there so badly so I just told myself “the worst they can say is ‘no'” and I went in. The lady at the front desk was really kind and genuine and took my resume to give the the hiring manager, who would be in the next day. I left feeling good. I was expecting it to go a lot worse. But we’ll see how it goes… I drove around some more to drop off my resume a few more places. I went to Targhee Sports/Duck Creek Pawn. I walked in and knew the place needed some love and care! It was a dinky little shop and I immediately started thinking of all the ways the place could be improved. I talked to the older man at the counter and told him my situation. He said he knew he needed help around the place but wasn’t sure what to do about it and that he would talk to the owners. I said that’s great, thank you. I felt good about that one also while I was leaving. Now I wait. I went back home and got my stuff together and went to class. I parked at Windsor Manor because it was just too windy to walk! And I knew I would be there awhile, until 6:30 at least. I went to Comm 111 and it was totally pointless and I wanted to fall asleep. I went to the MC afterward and started working on the project for Comm130. I wasn’t understanding all of it so I quit and just worked on other stuff. I went to Comm 130. I dread that class just because it is an hour and a half long. I like some of the things I learn in there but I feel like I could learn a lot more about Photoshop and the functionality of the Creative Suit rather than listen to other random stuff. I don’t even really know what we talk about. I probably learn one or two helpful things in that class, three on a lucky day. After class I went home and vegged out. Mitchell came by around 8 and we went to his friends house in Sugar City. We stopped at Walmart to get his friend a birthday present. It was a gift card to Taco Bell and a bag of Easter Twix fun sizes. We went and he wasn’t home, but his parents were. We sat around and talked about dirtbiking and trails, and their grandkids and how they were doing. It was relaxing to be in an actual house that was nice, welcoming, and warm. It was nice talking to his friends parents, it reminded me of home and it was just a slow night but that’s okay. His friend finally arrived after truck troubles, and he showed us his GoPro videos from riding in Moab. I want to go there so bad to go riding! It looked beautiful and like perfect desert/forest crossover riding and I’ve wanted to go for so long. Now I want to go even more so! We said our goodbyes and headed home. I watched a movie in bed, Joseph and the Coat of Dreams or something haha. It was a cute movie, I really liked it. That was my day 🙂
How many times have you gone into a job interview and been totally stumped by the questions they asked you or froze because you just didn’t know what to say? This website is all about helping you with these problems! Whether you’re inexperienced in interviewing for a job or just want to be prepared fr your next interview, this site knows all about interviews. http://www.jobinterviewquestions.org/
- This site can inform you about different layouts of interviews. Some are non-traditional, deviating from the one on one interview and here yo can read about different layouts so you are prepared or you can be thankful that your interview wont be like some of the other layouts.
- As a Communications major, you should be above average in communication so this site will help you be proficient in effectively presenting your best self to an interviewer
- Experience is needed in the Communications major so it is important to score internships and jobs before you get out of college and if you are a proficient interviewee, the odds are increased that you will get a job. Studying these questions and preparing answers can help you be your best in the interview and help you get the experience you need.
- Some interviewers are looking for questions from you at the end of an interview. Either they genuinely want to answer your questions or they really want to see you ask questions about the company, showing that you did your research before coming in. This site has a section on what to ask interviewers. It can greatly improve your appearance as a possible employee when you know what to ask
- This site an also help you if you are trying to switch jobs. It can educate you on how to quit the right way and what to say to other employers about why you left. This can be really helpful when you are trying to move to a better job and don’t want to come across as unreliable to your next employer.